Friday, July 31, 2015

Nothing important.

So, in the band we tend to drink a lot, and sometimes it is water. The venues generally supply us with bottles of what ever is the local discount store deal. So, with up to six of us swilling from identical plastic bottles, it became necessary to mark them so that we knew who's was who's.
     Each of us has our mark. Mine is this symbol:

     Once I was asked what the symbol meant. "Oh," I said, "that's the Chinese character for water"
They were impressed.
 "I didn't know you knew Chinese" they said.
   I was of course being a smart-ass, as no, I do not know Chinese
 I could have told them the truth, that it was simply my initials, T.K, and meant "Tiki King"
But instead I decided to joke with them.
       However, I recently found out that the Chinese character for water is this:

So there you have it.
Like I said, nothing important, but I find it amusing that sometimes you can do your best to mess with someone, and instead life messes with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment